Saturday, September 17, 2005

Life in Ft. Sumner




We are basically ready for our flight. The science group from JPL will be flying on Sunday morning. We will be going out and providing video coverage since this is a test flight.

I thought I would give a little insight on our day to day living here in Ft. Sumner. Ft. Sumner is has a population of about 800. It is one of those towns in New Mexico that has seen steady decline since I 40 was built. It is the location of the grave of Billy the Kid. We stay at the Billy the Kid Country Inn. I mom & pop motel that is clean and friendly. Gary and Elaine take good care of us. It's not the newest motel in town, but it is the "nicest".

In true New Mexico fashion, Henry and I were driving down the main street of the town when we saw a tumbleweed rolling across the street. I just had to take a photo.

No comments: