Sunday, June 04, 2006

Launch Preparations

We are in the process of making the final preparations for launching our balloon. We are running the "Hang Test" in which the integrated payload is hung from the launch vehicle and tested out under its own power. We are running the test at 11:00 at night and, yes it is daylight outside.











That takes some getting used to. Another strange thing is how cold it is. When we were launching the Aesop balloon on Friday morning, I thought I was going to freeze to death! It was in the 30's. I don't think I will complain about the heat this summer when I get home.

We ate at a Chinese restauraunt in Kiruna last night. We could have had the exact same meal in Sulphur Springs except no fortune cookies. I'd love to know what Chinese food in China is like.

No comments: